Host 99 has made some changes to our FTP log-in system regarding PCI Compliance Regulated websites. Due to security and CVE releases we must enforce this rule to offer extra security. Not only do we offer back end encryption while logging into your FTP using a FTP client we have now setup front end encryption as well. Please use on the following configurations to connect to your FTP using a FTP client such as cute-ftp and Filezilla.
Please do the following to log into FTP using your FTP client there is two different ways you can do this and it depends on the FTP client your using.
1. You need to choose the server type as “FTPES -FTP over explicit TLS/SSL” when try to connect to your ftp account using port 21
If this is not available then try to use the second option
2. “FTP with TLS/SSL” (Auth TLS – Explicit) using port 21
3. Dreamweaver Instructions located in our Knowledgebase
FTP Username and password are the same as the previous configurations.
Important Note: We will be enforcing where each account must have it’s own FTP username and password the root cPanel log-in will no longer work once this has been released. You can set each FTP to have it’s own account under your cPanel File Management section by clicking on FTP accounts.
If you have any questions please submit a support ticket and one of our support technicians will be happy to assist you with your questions.
- PCI Dedicated Server Dedi H1 (0.500)
- Dedicated Server Dedi H1 (0.500)
- Best Business Hosting (0.500)
- Host 99 Partners With Attracta SEO (0.500)
- New Server Migration To Take Effect (0.500)
- New Site Released (0.500)
- PHP 4 End of Life Announcement And Support (0.500)
- Host 99 Notification: cPanel Access Change - PCI Compliant Customers Only (0.500)
- PHP 4 - 5.2.x End of Life Announcement And Support - CRITICAL NOTICE (0.500)
- Discontinued Use Of PHP Transport Email Method - PCI Only - (UPDATED ON 12/15/2012) (0.500)